Who is the Bottle Forager?

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Three Floyds Rabbid Rabbit Saison

Three Floyds Rabbid Rabbit Saison


Brewer's Description: 
Smooth and elegant, light body, creamy mouthfeel, light spicing from coriander and orange peel give a wonderfully malty/spicy sweet ale. Big alcohol lurking underneath a light and frothy exterior.

So after yesterdays huge disappointment I figured Id pull out another Three Floyds saison from the cellar. I also received this as an extra from a midwest trading partner as he knew I am addicted to saisons and will basically try anything labeled as such to continue my lifelong obsession with this 
beer style ! 

My thoughts: 
Pours a medium gold with a touch of haze and three fingers of tight bubbled white foam. Nose is earthy yeast, white pepper, musty straw and a hint of banana and some bubblegum sweetness. The palate is round and pretty doughy with a full mouthfeel. Flavors match the nose nicely with balance of rustic grain, yeast esters and some light belgian style spice. Rides the line between wit and saison with a subtle lack of carbonation that keeps it heavier on the palate for my preference.

Buy, Forage & Hoard or Pass By ?

Welp, I finished the bottle with dinner but overall it is not the best representation of style. If your a huge Three Floyds fan and must try all their beer  or are like me and feel the urge to try every saison that crosses their path... then forage away, but honestly I wouldn't bother wasting FedEx's time or your hard earned cash for this one !

Final Rating: 
AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20

Final Score:
3.4 out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment