Who is the Bottle Forager?

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Up on the Hill....


Up on the Hill... Foraged Haul.


So another successful journey to Hill Farmstead was had. I got the itch when I saw that they were releasing Arthur by the case. Its a personal favorite of mine and for the price its probably the best beer for the buck that I have come across. The major bonus factor was when I checked the rest of the retail offerings and found a handful of other delicious bottles to be had. The stars aligned and the moon was full so I was off on the seven hour round trip over the the hills of western Maine through the white mountains of New Hampshire and finally along the meandering dirt road to the final destination of Hill Farmstead.  I love this brewery, the John Deere tractor, the rolling farmland, the anticipation of everyone in line to finally have a restock of delicious beer to share with friends and family.  
Oh and did I mention the fact that the beer is delicious !

The final haul:
12btl Arthur 750ml
1btl Arthur 1.5L
4btl Everett
1btl BA Everett
2btl Madness & Civilization #2
2L Excursions
2L Abner
2L Single Hop Amarillo
1btl Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup Amber

Ahhh. Sipping some of the Excursions #1 as I recall the journey and write this blog post... I actually met a fellow forager in line at the Hill and he is in Portland on business from Minnesota. I offered to  give him a bunch of packing material this afternoon so he can ship his haul home and he is coming over later to sip some Civil Disobedience and Harlan with me. After posting this Ill be sifting through the cellar looking for some Maine goodies to share.

Looks like I was not the only forager awakened by the full moon in the horizon, almost ran into this amazing creature en route through Crawford Notch !
Big thanks once again to the Hill family and all the awesome employees that make every trip a great experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment